Ethiopia Visa Information:
Ethiopia is a land of wonder and enchantment, a country with one of the richest histories on the African continent, a land of contrasts and surprises, of remote and wild places, home to cultured and friendly people who are descended from some of the world's oldest civilizations.
Important points about visa issuance
- Ethiopian Missions which issue tourist and business visas are meant Ethiopian Embassies, Permanent Missions & Consulate Generals. Besides, Ethiopian Honorary Consulates authorized to issue visas by the government can provide the same service.
- Since the main concern of this visa regulation is to time and place vis-à-vis the issuance of visas, regular procedures like clearing bans and other similar activities remain intact.
- Unless with difficulties or to those whose visa requests should be delayed for security reasons, Ethiopian Missions should entertain visa requests within 24 hours.
- It is important to inform foreign nationals who enter Ethiopia securing the necessary visa to submit their visa extension request, if they need so, to the Main Department for Immigration and Nationality Affairs by establishing sufficient cause and evidence .
- It is of the utmost importance to inform all airliners flying to Ethiopia, except foreign nationals who have Ethiopian resident permit, not to board foreign passengers who wish to travel to Ethiopia without visa if the passengers do not possess a round trip ticket.
- This visa regulation does not nullify all other bilateral visa agreements that Ethiopia concluded with other countries & international organizations.
- This visa regulation does not nullify previous regulations that demand procedures to be fulfilled while issuing visas to Eritrean nationals and naturalized Eritreans. Hence Airliners flying to Ethiopia before boarding or issuing tickets should verify & confirm that their clients have possessed valid Ethiopian visa, if their passport reveals that they have Eritrean origin or blood, although they are from tourist generating countries.
- Entry visas are issued by Ethiopian Missions for foreign nationals who are coming to Ethiopia to take their assignments in Diplomatic Missions, and for those who are recruited to start their job in International or Regional Organizations etc. resident in Ethiopia depending on the note verbal written by their respective Foreign Offices/ International or Regional Organizations
- Tour operators who intend to organize and bring tourists in group can submit their visa request to the Main Department for Immigration and Nationality Affairs, and the latter can arrange them visa at Bole international airport.9. Tour operators who intend to organize and bring tourists in group can submit their visa request to the Main Department for Immigration and Nationality Affairs, and the latter can arrange them visa at Bole international airport.
- All tourists should possess sufficient foreign currency that would help them to stay in the country. Not less than 100 USD/hundred American dollars/and two passport size photographs are needed to process business/tourist visa requests upon arrival.
- To facilitate visa issuance upon arrival, Ethiopian Main Department for Immigration and Nationally Affairs will prepare and load visa application form on appropriate websites to be communicated latter. Therefore, passengers are advised to browse the would be website, fill in the visa application form and submit it to the Immigration Officer at Bole International Airport.
- The following are considered to betourist-generating countries.
- Korea Republic
- New Zealand
- Russian Federation
- South Africa
- United Kingdom
- United States
Immigration and Nationality Affairs Main Department
Click here to print Tourist Visa Form on Arrival
Click here for Ethiopia Visa Information