The Government of the Republic of Guyana has with effect from February 15th, 1993, abolished the visa requirement for the following countries:
The United States of America and Canada
United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Ireland, Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Norway, Finland, Switzerland, Sweden and Austria.
Australia and New Zealand
Japan, The DPRK and the Republic of Korea
Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Dominica, Grenada, Jamaica, Montserrat, St. Lucia, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, and Trinidad and Tobago.
For countries not listed above please refer to the Embassy of the Republic of Guyana, Washington, D.C.
In the United States of America, applications may be sent to either of the following offices:
Embassy of the Republic of Guyana
2490 Tracy Place, N.W.
Washington , D.C. 20008
Tel: 202) 265-6900 Fax: (202) 232-1297
Consulate General of Guyana
370 7th Avenue 4th Floor
Seven Penn Plaza
New York, N.Y. 10001
Telephone: (212) 947-5110
Fax: (212) 947-5163
VISA REQUIREMENTS FOR ENTRY INTO GUYANA FOR CITIZENS OF OTHER COUNTRIES
1. Application for visas must be made on the prescribed forms at those overseas missions and consulate offices which are authorized to issue visas. Application forms are free of charge.
2. Applicants residing in countries or states where there are no Guyana Missions or consulate offices, are required to route their journey so as to be able to uplift a visa at a convenient point en route to Guyana.
3. Applications for visas may be also done through the mail.
4. The following documents shall be presented when applying for a visa:-
(a) Completed visa application form in triplicate;
(b) Valid passport (at least six months validity);
(c) Three recent passport size photographs;
(d) Evidence of sufficient funds for the duration of the visit, or proof of other satisfactory arrangements of applicant's support while in Guyana; and
(e) If traveling to take up employment or to reside in Guyana, a letter of approval from the Ministry of Home Affairs must be presented.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION
5. The completed application form, as well as evidence of travel plans, shall be submitted to the Guyana Embassy or any Guyana Consulate for consideration. If an interview is required, the applicant will be informed of the date and time.
6. The following are visa fees in US dollars:
Business (one entry) $40
Business (Multiple C 3 months) $50
Business )Multiple C 1 year) $75
7. Applications received via the mail must be accompanied by a Money Order in the value of US$6.00 to cover the cost of registered return postage. PERSONAL CHECKS WOULD NOT BE ACCEPTED.
(a) There is no assurance that a visa would be issued, and any preparation or plan made for the journey would be done at the applicant's own risk.
(b) Failure to complete the form properly as well as to provide supporting documents will delay the processing of the application.
(c) Under normal conditions, applications for visas should be submitted six weeks in advance of the proposed date of travel.
(d) the granting of a visa does not necessarily guarantee entry into Guyana. Entry will be dependent upon satisfying the usual Immigration requirements/procedures at the port of entry.
(e) A visitor who without permission breaches his/her condition of entry while in Guyana may become eligible for deportation.
(f) Employment could be paid or unpaid, and includes religious occupation.
Click here for Guyana Visa Information