Honduras Visa Information
|Honduras is a democracy with a developing economy. The national language is Spanish, although English is often spoken in the Bay Islands. The climate is generally pleasant and temperate, with dry and wet seasons. During the dry season from February into May, widespread forest fires and
|agricultural burning can lead to severely degraded air quality throughout the country leading to respiratory problems and airport closures.
Citizens from the following countries do not require a visa to enter Honduras:
· EU Member States
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Rumania, Spain, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, the United Kingdom and Ireland.
Croatia, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Macedonia, Monaco, Norway, San Marino, Switzerland, Turkey, the Holy See.
Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Puerto Rico, United States of America, Uruguay, Venezuela ( Citizens from Ecuador, according to the new agreement between Honduras and Ecuador, valid from 15th June 2007, do not need visa if they are planning to stay in Honduras less than ninety days (90)).
Australia, Bahamas, Bahrein, Barbados, Brunei, Israel, Japan, Kuwait, Madagascar, Malasia, New Zealand, Qatar, Republic of Korea, Singapour, South Africa, Trinidad and Tobago Taiwan, .
If Nationality does not appear above, please contact the Embassy for further information and requirements, as the visa might have to be referred to and approved by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Honduras and can take almost a month for processing.
One per applicant
Must be signed by applicant
· One (1) photograph
Countries not mentioned above require a visa and application must be accompanied by the following documents:
· Supporting documents
Tourism Visa: It is advised that the applicant submit plane tickets, travel itinerary and bank statements, if available.
Business Visa: A letter from the applicant’s sponsoring company giving full details of purpose of visit and confirming financial responsibility for the applicant.
· Issuing time
Consular Visa: three working days
Visa authorized by the Honduran Ministry of Foreign Affairs: one month
Single entry visa: US$ 30.00 per applicant
Multiple entry visas: US$ 60.00 per applicant
In addition, the postal fee by certified mail for sending back the passport has to be covered (UPS, DHL, others can be used by the applicant)
All Bank transfers should be made to:
Embassy of Honduras
Bank : Handelsbanken
Account number: 570 867 142
Applicant’s passport must be valid for at least six months from the date of arrival in Honduras.
Visas are issued for a period of up to 90 days for both tourism and business, except when a one year multiple entry visa is granted.
EXTENSIONS: A visa extension may be obtained in Honduras at any immigration office for both tourism and business, as follows:
CLASSIFICATION OF TRAVELLERS:
- Travellers going to sporting events, conventions, conferences, specials events, scientists, commercial agents, artists, can stay thirty days (30).
- Temporarily immigrant workers, cross-border workers and international transport drivers, can stay thirty days (30).
- Tourists, official missions, special visitants, refugee and asylum applicants can stay ninety days (90)
- Transit travellers, can stay three days (3).
The above dispositions apply without detriment to International Agreements, Treaties and Conventions and to Dispositions or Circulars from the Department of State in the Justice and Government Office or from the Foreign and Immigration General Direction.
- Travellers included in paragraph one and two, may have two prorogations of thirty days (30) or only one of sixty days (60) maximum.
- Transit travellers may have only one prorogation of three days (3) maximum, under justified reasons given by the Immigration and Foreign General Direction.
- Travellers included in paragraph one and three, under justified reasons by the Immigration and Foreign General Direction may have only one prorogation of thirty days (30) more than the ninety days (90) established by law.
- If a visa application is sent by post
Applicant must include a self-addressed pre-paid courier envelope for the return of passport. The Embassy of Honduras bears no responsibility for the courier service provided.
EMBASSY OF HONDURAS
STJÄRNVÄGEN 2, 7 fl
Phone:+46 (08) 7315084
Fax: +46 (08) 6369983
Click here for Honduras Visa Information