|Kyrgyzstan Visa Information:
Before applying for a visa please read carefully information below and follow the instructions. Should you have any questions or concerns please contact us directly by phone at 1 202 338 5141, Monday-Friday, from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Visa Application Documents:
1. Completed visa application form. Please type and provide answers to all questions.
2. One passport size color or black/white photo.
3. Passport original (not a photocopy).
4. Invitation Letter or Visa Support Letter:
a) Citizens of the countries listed below intending to visit Kyrgyzstan up to 30 days do not need to present the invitation letters or visa support independent of their travel purposes
(1) Australia; (2) Austrian Republic; (3) Kingdom of Belgium; (4) United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland; (5) Federative Republic of Germany; (6) Greek Republic; (7) Kingdom of Denmark; (8) State of Israel; (9) Ireland Republic; (10) Republic of Iceland; (11) Kingdom of Spain; (12) Italian Republic; (13) Canada; (14) Republic of Cyprus; (15) Republic of Korea; (16) Duchy of Liechtenstein; (17) Great Duchy of Luxembourg; (18) Republic of Malta; (19) Duchy of Monaco; (20) Kingdom of Netherlands; (21) Kingdom of Norway; (22) New Zealand; (23) Portugal Republic; (24) United States of America; (25) Finland Republic; (26) French Republic; (27) Swiss Confederation; (28) Kingdom of Sweden.
b) All other foreign nationals of countries not listed above in section 4 (a) for the purposes of obtaining entry visa to Kyrgyzstan and foreign nationals of countries listed above in section 4 (a) but traveling for the period more than 1 month are required to present:
- For business purposes - Visa Support Letter is necessary, i.e. special invitation letter obtained from the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Kyrgyz Republic in Bishkek (Please request your Kyrgyz partners, organizations to arrange for visa support by contacting the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs)
- For private/tourism purposes – Invitation Letter issued by the Ministry of Internal Affairs upon request submitted by your local contact (family member, tourism agents e.t.c.)
5. Diplomatic visa is issued to the holders of diplomatic passports on the basis of the requests of the Ministries of Foreign Affairs of the foreign countries and other state agencies and departments, international organizations and the foreign diplomatic missions with duly filled application form. U.S. citizens holding diplomatic passports of the USA traveling to Kyrgyzstan do not require visa.
6. Official visa is issued to the holders of official passports on the basis of the request from the Ministries of Foreign Affairs of foreign countries and other state agencies and departments, international organizations and foreign diplomatic missions with duly filed application form.
7. Transit visa is issued for the period not exceeding 10 days. To obtain a transit visa, applicant must submit visa application form with enclosed transportation ticket with the visa of the country of destination, and visa application form.
8. U.S. citizens traveling to Military Base located at Manas Airport must present a letter of confirmation from the Department of Defense or State Department.
As of March 12, 2007 Consular Section of the Kyrgyz Embassy introduces new consular and visa fees.
Applicants under the age of 16 are not subject to consular and visa fees. Visa Processing Time Ordinarily upon receipt of the visa application form with required documents within 10 business days Consular Section will process and issue visas. Please note that necessity of additional procedural inquiries might take place in certain instances where processing time might take longer than 10 business days. Therefore Consular Section strongly encourages visa applicants and their agents to apply as early as possible and provide complete application form with required documents as instructed. Consular Section provides 3 business day urgent visa processing. Consular fee for urgent services is equal to 100% of the original price of visa. Diplomatic, Official and UN Laissez-Passer holders will be issued visas within 3 business days and free of charge.
Mail-in applications and Mail Service Disclaimer Dear Customers please note that Embassy of the Kyrgyz Republic is not responsible for mail services. Customers must arrange on their own mail delivery and pick up of their documents including passports, legalized documents and other. Embassy does not accept requests to change the mailing service type date or make a payment to expedite the services on behalf of the customers, even if the Customer is ready to pay for services. Embassy strongly recommends to use larger postal service providers and apply in advance taking into consideration that there might be mail service delays. We remind once again that we do not bear responsibility for mailing services at any point. If you have any questions, please contact the Embassy before mailing your documents.
For every type of service provided including visa processing Consular Section accepts exclusively:
• money order
• company checks
• cashier's checks
All checks and money orders must be made to the order of the Embassy of the Kyrgyz Republic . Consular Section does not accept payments in cash in any circumstances.
|Share Your Visa Experience|
|Fields marked with a are required|