||The invitation for a family visit visa issued by the Saudi Authorities has a validity of six (6) months. If not used within this time, the invitation will be considered void.
Family visit visas do not grant the applicant the right to work or reside in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Log on to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs website at http://visa.mofa.gov.sa/eDefault.asp click on Personal Visa Request form and complete the online request for visit visa. It is importatnt to record the request number on the application and presnted to the consulate.
- A passport valid for at least six months, with at least two (2) clear visa pages adjacent to each other. The passport must be acceptable to enter both the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the applicant's next destination.
- One (1) recent passport size color photograph with a white background; the photograph must be a full-face view in which the visa applicant is facing the camera directly. Side or angled views are NOT accepted.
- A completed application form filled in with black ink pen or printed. Application forms can be downloaded from the website (www.saudiembassy.net). Please include your email address on the application, if available.
- Proof that the applicant is in possession of a non-refundable confirmed roundtrip ticket.
- A reference note showing the number and the date of the sponsor's residence visa issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or any of its branches in Jeddah or Dammam.
- Proof of kinship: for spouses, a copy of the marriage certificate; for children, a copy of the birth certificate.
- For non-US citizens, a copy of the green card or documented proof of legal residence in the USA.
- A money order or cashier’s check made out to 'The Royal Embassy of Saudi Arabia' in the amount of US$ 108.00 (one hundred eight dollars) for US passport holders; for non-US passport holders, a money order or cashier’s check in the amount of US $ 54.00 (fifty-four dollars). Cash and personal checks are not accepted.
- Visitors should not overstay the time granted on the visa.
- Visitors to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia must abide by the country's Islamic laws and regulations and respect its society's values and traditions.
- The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia's laws against drug trafficking are strictly enforced. Violators are subject to severe punishment, which may include the death penalty.