Tanzania Visa Information:
|The United Republic of Tanzania is a result of two East African sovereign states of Tanganyika and Zanzibar that united in 1964 to form one country.
The Visa Section is open to the public for logging of Visa Applications
from 10.00am to 12.30pm Monday to Friday, with exception of local Bank Holidays and Public Holidays falling under the national holidays’ calendar of the United Republic of Tanzania and United Kingdom.
Note: Collection is only between 2.00pm and 3.30 pm.
WHO NEEDS VISA TO TANZANIA?
All nationals of the countries or territorial entities mentioned below.
Stateless and those holding non-national travel/refugee documents or passports issued by an authority not recognized by the United Republic of Tanzania, must obtain a valid visa on each occasion they need to enter Tanzania.
The countries whose nationals require visa for Tanzania are:
Afghanistan; Albania; Algeria; Angola; Argentina; Armenia; Austria; Azerbaijan; Bahrain; Belarus; Belgium; Benin; Bhutan; Bolivia; Bosnia; Brazil; Bulgaria; Burkina Faso; Burma; Burundi; Cambodia; Canada; Cape Verde; Central African Republic; Chad; Chile; China (Peoples Republic of ); Colombia; Comoros; Congo; Congo (Democratic Republic of); Costa Rica; Cote D'Ivoire; Croatia; Cuba; Czech Republic; Denmark; Djibouti; Dominican Republic; Ecuador; Egypt; El-Salvador; Equatorial Guinea; Eritrea; Estonia; Fiji; Finland; France; Gabon; Georgia; Germany; Gibraltar; Greece; Guatemala; Guinea; Guinea-Bissau; Guyana; Haiti; Holland; Holy See; Honduras; Hungary; Iceland; Independent State of Samoa; India; Israel; Italy; Japan; Jordan; Kazakhstan; Korea (North & South); Kuwait; Kurdistan; Laos; Latvia; Liberia; Lithuania; Libya; Luxembourg; Macedonia; Malagasy; Maldives; Mauritania; Mauritius; Mexico; Moldova; Monaco; Mongolia; Morocco; Mozambique; Myanmar; Nepal; Netherlands; Niger; Norway; Oman; Panama; Papua New Guinea; Paraguay; Peru; Philippines; Poland; Republic of Ireland; Portugal; Qatar; Romania; Russia; Rwanda; Sao Tome & Principe; Saudi Arabia; Senegal; Slovak Republic; Slovenia; South Africa; Spain; Suriname; Sweden; Switzerland; Syria; Taiwan; Tajikistan; Thailand; Togo; Tunisia; Turkey; Turkmenistan; Ukraine; United Arab Emirates; United Kingdom; United States of America; Uruguay; Uzbekistan; Venezuela; Vietnam; Yemen; Yugoslavia (all travelling documents issued by former SFR of Yugoslavia or by present Yugoslav Authorities)
Nationals of any Country not listed or described above please consult the Mission for further information.
Applicants for the entry visa to Tanzania must meet all the necessary requirements. These include the submission of the following:
- Filled in Application Forms
- Valid Passport (at least not less than six months from the date of entry)
- Two Passport Size photographs
- Supporting letter (for Business visas)
- Special delivery – prepaid self-addressed envelope for return of the Passport (for postal application)
6. If applied by post please send the original receipt from Barclay's bank or postal order
HOW TO APPLY
- Personal Application: In this category applicant have to fill in the forms available free of charge from the High Commission Visa Desk or downloading from the link provided. Payment for this category is by cash only.
- Postal Application: the fee in this category must be in cash paid in Barclay's bank or postal order payable to the Tanzania High Commission. Visa fee payments must be made to any Barclays Bank Branch, using the counters pay-in slips and Original receipt sent with the Application Forms and supporting documents.
It takes three (3) working days to process a Visa in Personal Application category, but express service of 24 hours is available at a charge of £5 extra.
visa process takes 10 working days. Any failure to comply with the stated requirements may result in unnecessary delays or returning of unprocessed application to the sender. Calls will not be entertained within the time mentioned above. Please do not call us about the development of your application.
The details to be included on the pay-in slips are:
- Date - the date money paid in
- Paid in by - Name and Passport Number of the Applicants
- Barclays Account Holding Branch - 68 Knightsbridge
- Credit the Account of - High Commission for the United Republic of Tanzania
- Sort Code - 204735
- Account No - 50914126
- Amount - Detailed amount paid in (MUST BE CASH ONLY)
For all Visas that will expire before being used, a fresh application has to be made, fulfilling all previous conditions without exceptions.
APPLICANTS HOLDING TRAVEL DOCUMENTS (CTD) ARE NOT INCLUDED IN THE ABOVE EXPLAINED CATEGORIES. FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT THE HIGH COMMISSION.
The Fee for all the visas, either Tourist, Holiday, Transit or Business is £38 per single entry.
Once the Visa is issued the fee can not be refunded
Click here for Tanzania Visa Information