Thailand Visa Information:
The Kingdom of Thailand draws more visitors than any other country in southeast Asia with its irresistible combination of breathtaking natural beauty, inspiring temples, renowned hospitality, robust cuisine and ruins of fabulous ancient kingdoms. Few countries are so well endowed
1. Overview of Thailand Visa:
Generally, a foreign citizen who wishes to enter the Kingdom of Thailand is required to obtain a visa from a Royal Thai Embassy or a Royal Thai Consulate-General. However, nationals of certain countries do not require a visa if they meet visa exemption requirements as follows:
2. Documents Required for Thai Visa
? Current Passport or Travel Document with validity not less than 6 months.
? One completed and signed application form.
? Two passport-size photographs (2"x2") (Photostat or Photocopy do not accepted). Photographs must have a light color background with a full- face view of the person without wearing a hat or dark glasses. Photos must be taken within 6 months.
? If submitting application in person, processing fees are payable only in cash or money order. If application is submitted by mail, please pay by money order only.
- GENERAL REQUIREMENT :-
- The following must be submitted:
Processing Fee and Charges
- Non-immigrant visa.....US $60.00 per entry and US $150 per multiple entries. (require invitation letter from Thailand) Purpose of visit: BUSINESS, CONFERENCE, RESEARCH, TEACHING, EDUCATION, MASS MEDIA, MISSIONARY, FAMILY REUNION, MEDICAL TREATMENT (please, see visa types & purpose visit), RETIREMENT (please, see retirements for person 50 years or over)
(Maximum stay 90 days, extension of stay may be applied in Thailand.)
Tourist visa.................. US $30.00 per entry for pleasure purpose only. (require copy airline ticket or itenery)
(Maximum stay 60 day, extension of stay may be applied in Thailand.)
Transit visa................... US $25.00 per entry. Purpose of visit: TRANSIT (require copy airline ticket or itenery), SPORTS or CREW (require business letter and invitation from Thailand)
(Maximum stay 30 days, extension of stay may be applied in Thailand.)
When submitting application by mail, a self-addressed envelope size 6"x9" or large enough to fit all passports with sufficient postage stamps is required. Metered stamps will not be accepted. Please also include a 41-cent stamp for the cost of previously mailed application form to applicant. Applicant may have their visa mailed by choosing one of the following options:
$16.25 in postage for a next-day express mail (and additional 41-cent stamp for the cost of previously mailed form). Please include self address mailing label if possible.
$3.40 in postage, depending on weight, for certified mail (and an additional 17-cent stamp)
Federal Express, UPS or DHL with account number (do not accept credit card)
- Important notice:
- Applications are usually processed within 48 hours if submitted in person. Applying by mail will take approximately 10 business days plus mailing time.
Applicant who is a holder of a Travel Document issued by the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Service, US Department of Homeland Security or those who hold passport from Bangladesh, Cambodia, India, Laos, Myanmar, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Vietnam, the Middle East countries and the Socialist countries need to submit additional requirements
. (please, see list of countries for additional requirements
Visa must be activated or used within three months from the date of issuance.
Nationals of certain countries are required to apply for a visa only at the Thai Embassy or Consulate-General in their home / residence country or at the designated Thai Embassy. Therefore, travellers are advised to contact the nearest Thai Embassy or Consulate-General to find out where they may apply for a visa to Thailand before departure. Information on location and contact number of Thai Embassies and Consulates-General is available at http://www.mfa.go.th/web/10.php
Please note that the period of visa validity is different from the period of stay. The visa validity is a period during which a visa can be used to enter Thailand. Generally, the validity of a visa is 3 months, but in some cases, we also issue visas valid for 6 months or 1 year. The validity of a visa is granted by the Embassy or Consulate-General and shown in the visa. The period of stay depends on the type of visa and is granted by an immigration officer upon arrival at the port of entry. For example, the period of stay for a transit visa does not exceed 30 days, for a tourist visa does not exceed 60 days and for a non-immigrant visa does not exceed 90 days for the arrival date. Travellers who wish to stay longer than such period may apply for extension of stay at Offices of the Immigration Bureau in Bangkok, located in Soi Suan Plu, South Sathorn Road, Bangkok 10120, Tel. 02-2873101-10 or at an Immigration office in the provinces. For information on application for extension of stay, please see the website of the Immigration Bureau at http://www.immigration.go.th
- ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS :-
- Holders of Travel Document issued by the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Service, US Department of Homeland Security or nation passport from Bangladesh, Cambodia, India, Laos, Myanmar, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Vietnam, the Middle East countries, and the Socialist countries are required to submit the followings:
- Current passport or Travel Document with validity not less than 6 months.
- One completed and signed application forms
- Passport-size photographs. (Phographs must have a light color background with a full-face view without wearing a hat or dark glasses and taken within 6 months.)
- 3 photographs for Travel Document holder
- 5 photographs for the holder passport of Cambodia and Vietnam
- If submitting applications in person, fees are payable in cash or money order. If submitting application by mail, fees are payable in money order to the Royal Thai Embassy only.
- Employment verification or a guarantor's letter from a U.S. resident
- Proof of confirmed round-trip ticket and itenary
- Proof of permanent resident alien card
- Proof of Financial, such as a bank statement showing personal savings or checkings account
- A personal bio-data of applicant(s)since leaving country of birth or refugee camp. (For the person who is former nationality from Lao, Vietnam, Cambodia only)
- Confirmed reservation a place or hotel to stay in Thailand. (name and address)
- Reference person and address in Thailand
- Reference person and address the next country after Thailand or your native country
- VISA TYPES AND PURPOSE OF VISIT :-
- NON-IMMIGRANT VISA
- (May required the approval from the Ministry Concerns from Thailand in case by case and required invitation letter from Thailand)
- Purpose of visit: BUSINESS and CONFERENCE (requiring the business letter with letter-head explains purpose of visit, also included name of company, organization or mission and address in Thailand), RESEARCH, MASS MEDIA or MISSIONARY (requiring the letter with letter-head from company, agency or organization sending you on your mission, and also the letter from your counterpart in Thailand and prove of verification of the institution). EDUCATION (requiring the letter with the letter-head from educational institution in Thailand). TEACHING (requiring the letter with the letter-head from educational institution in Thailand, a school Establishment Permit and verification stating that the applicant has no criminal record from the country of his/her nationality or residence) . FAMILY REUNION (requiring marriage or birth certificates and prove of Thai citizen). SETTLEMENT AFTER RETIREMENT (requiring proof of retirement and financial support). MEDICAL TREATMENT (requiring letter from licensed doctor). (Maximum stay 90 days, extension of stay may be applied in Thailand.)
- TOURIST VISA
- Purpose of visit: for pleasure purpose only (requiring copy of airtime ticket or itenery).
- (Maximum stay 60 day, extension of stay may be applied in Thailand.)
- TRANSIT VISA
- Purpose of visit: TRANSIT (requiring proof of confirmed onward ticket to a Third country). SPORTS or CREW (requiring letter from organization concerned and invitation letter from Thailand).
- (Maximum stay 30 days, extension of stay may be applied in Thailand.)
Click here for Thailand Visa Information