Zambia Visa Information:
|A visa is an endorsement on a visa form or in a valid passport of a foreigner granting such person authority to enter Zambia within a specific period upon examination by an Immigration officer at the port of entry.The period of stay in Zambia shall be determined by an Immigration Officer at the port of entry. The validity of the visa is NOT the period which the holder is entitled to remain in the country but a period within which the holder has to enter Zambia.
The following visa procedures will therefore apply:-
ENTRY VISA REQUIREMENTS FOR DIPLOMATS AND UNITED NATIONS PERSONNEL ACCREDITED TO ZAMBIA.
DELEGATES COMING TO ZAMBIA ON CONFIRMED GOVERNMENT BUSINESS
- Official or Gratis Visas could be obtained at Zambian Missions abroad or at ports of entry on presentation of letters of accreditation.
- Persons in category 1.1 above who are not accredited to Zambian may get visas at a Missions abroad or at ports of entry on presentation of official/diplomatic passports.
TOURISTS TO ZAMBIA
- Delegates from International Organisations coming to Zambia should obtain Entry Visas at Zambian Missions Abroad or ports of entry provided they produce official invitation letters.
- Persons under paragraph 2.1 above include delegates from countries listed at paragraph 4 provided they have confirmed letters of invitation from relevant Ministries, Departments or International Organisations represented in Zambia.
AMERICAN VISA REQUIREMENTS
- A bonafide tourist is any person travelling to Zambia as an individual or group of persons on a pre-arranged package tour through a foreign tour operator or travel agent in conjunction with a local tour operator. Tour operators include hotels registered in Zambia as such.
- All bonafide tourists shall be issued with visas at any port of entry to Zambia or at Zambian Missions abroad EXCEPT for those at paragraph 4 who require visas authorized by the Chief Immigration Officer or the stipulated Zambian Mission abroad.
- Any bonafide tourist travelling to Zambia as an individual or in a group on a pre-arranged package tour through a foreign tour operator or travel agent in conjunction with a local operator shall be issued with a FEE WAIVED VISA at any port of entry to Zambia.
- Any person qualifying as a bonafide tourist under paragraph 3.3 above shall be issued with a multiple entry visa at any port of entry and such a visa shall be valid for the duration of the visit which shall not exceed a period of fourteen (14) days.
- The duly signed notice of tourists intending to come to Zambia on fee waived visa should be furnished to the officers at the port of entry at least twenty –four (24) hours prior to their arrival. The notice should include the following details: Passport particulars (full names, passport numbers and nationality), expected date of arrival and itinerary.
- PRIVATE VISITORS
- Nationals of countries which require visas to enter Zambia for the purpose of visiting friends or relatives should be issued with visas at Zambian Missions abroad or ports of entry. Those nationals who may wish to obtain such visas well in advance should apply for them to the Chief Immigration Officer – P . O Box 50300, LUSAKA-ZAMBIA, Zambiavisa@zamnet.zm.
- BUSINESS VISITORS
- Nationals of countries which require visas, coming as experts on business with organisations in Zambia could be issued with entry visas at ports of entry EXCEPT for those from countries listed under paragraph 4 below. A Business visitor should produce an invitation letter from the institution which invited him/her. A Business visitor is entitled to thirty (30) days visit in a period of twelve (12) months.
- TRANSIT VISITORS
- Nationals of countries who require transit visas could obtain them at Zambian Missions abroad or ports of entry except for those from countries listed at 4 below. A transit visa shall be valid for a maximum period of seven (7) days.
- DAY TRIPPERS
- Day tripper visas shall be issued at ports of entry to tourists coming to visit Zambia for a period of less than twenty-four (24) hours.
- Diplomatic personnel and government officials from U.S.A. shall be issued with multiple entry visas valid for three (3) years at Zambian Missions abroad or ports of entry.
- (American tourists and business travelers shall be issued with multiple entry visas valid for three (3) years at a fee of US$100 at Zambian Missions Abroad or ports of entry.
- American students shall be issued with multiple entry visas for the whole period of their studies in Zambia on production of letters of acceptance from Institutions of learning in Zambia.
- Americans traveling to Zambia to take up employment shall be
- issued with multiple entry visas valid for three (3) years at Zambian Missions Abroad or ports of entry.
- The spouse and children of an American employee shall pay US$100Visa fee each valid for three (3) years.
- American nationals working for Non-Governmental or Non-Profit- Making Organisations shall pay entry fees of US100. Their spouses and children shall pay US$100 each.
Click here for Zambia Visa Information
- Double and Multiple Entry Visas shall be issued at Immigration Headquarters and Zambian Missions Abroad except as stipulated in paragraph 4. above.
- Applications for Visas shall be accompanied with two (2) passport size photographs, a letter of invitation from the host in Zambia, proof of Immigration Status in Zambia of the host, Photostat copy of the return air ticket to the country of origin where applicable and proof of sufficient funds for sustenance while in the country.
- Visa fees unless authorized by Immigration Headquarters, shall be paid in United States dollars and British pounds sterling only.