Rwanda Visa Information:
|n 1899 Rwanda became a German colony. After the defeat of the germans during WW1, subsequently in 1919 Rwanda became a mandate territory of the League of Nations under the administration of Belgium. The Germans and the belgians administered Rwanda through a system of indirect rule.
- The applicant must provide a valid passport for at least six months.
- The applicant must fill in two (2) applications in his/her own hand writing or in type.
- The applicant is requested to provide two passport photographs and an accompanying letter (explaining the purpose for travelling to Rwanda). Payable by cheque or postal order made payable to Embassy of Rwanda. (see notes below for exceptions).
- The visa process takes 24 hours(48 Hours for Travel Documents) for a complete file.
- The embassy is open for visa applications and collections Monday to Friday, 9:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- A stamped, self addressed and registered envelope must be included with an application submitted by mail. (UK Residents Only- Non-UK Residents an additional £4.50 postage fees)
- UK Travel Document(UN Convention of 1951) holders are requested to provide all of the above along with proofs of address in the form of a current bank statement or current Utility bill.
- NOTE: Because of the increased number of applicants, people are advised to give themselves enough time between the date of travel and application.
For UK Nationals and Nationals of the following countries, there is no fee for a visa application and visas can be obtained at any major point of entry into the Republic of Rwanda at no cost:
- Democratic Republic of Congo
- Hong Kong
- South Africa
- United States of America
APPLICATION FOR NEW RWANDAN PASSPORTS The Embassy of the Republic of Rwanda wishes to announce the following requirements to those who need to apply for new passports:
- An Application is made to the Director General of Immigration and Emigration through the Embassy
- Submission of a photocopy of a resident permit, a consular card or an ID if the applicant is a national of the country in which she/he’s applying from
- Submission of two photographs with a white background
- Submission of dully completed application forms
- Fee – £50.00
Applications submitted by mail should be addressed to: Embassy of Rwanda 120 – 122 Seymour Place, London, W1H 1NR Click here for Rwanda Visa Information