|Algeria Visa Information:
|Algeria is the second-largest country in Africa, with over four-fifths of its territory covered by the Sahara desert. The country has a population of 35million people mainly located near the northern coast. Algeria is a multi-party, constitutional republic.Visas & Immigration
Visa requirements for Algeria change regularly, please contact the Algerian Embassy in Canberra for further enquires. Visa extensions in Algeria can be obtained from the Department for Foreigners, 19A Boulvard Zighoud Youssef , Algiers. How to get a visa for Algeria: Documents Required:
- Two copies of the application form fully completed and signed by the applicant,
- Two recent passeport sized photographs,
- A passport valid for at least six months,
- Proof of residency in Australia (If you are not Australian),
- Fee’s payment,,
- A self addressed pre-paid return envelope.
According to the case, the requirements are :
For a business visa :
- Invitation or sponsorship letter from a company in Algeria,
- A recommendation letter of the company of employment.
- For a work visa :
- A “work permit ” or a “provisional work Permit ” delivered by the services in charge of employment in Algeria, in which the employers certifies to undertake full financial responsibilities for repatriation of their foreign workers upon completion of their work contract.
For a tourist visa :
- A return ticket when traveling by air or sea,
- “certificat d’hebergement”signed by your host in Algeria and authenticated by the local authorities in your host’s home town, Please note that your host must be a resident of Algeria.
- Or a confirmation of a hotel booking.
- Or an invitation from an algerian travel agency.
- Provide itenerary details including approximate dates and location to be visited..
For family visa :
- A copy of your spouse’s registration card.
- If you have children travelling with you, they should either hold individual passports or be on the parent’s passport.
- For children travelling with their mother only, a travel authorisation form signed by the father is required.
For transit visa :
- You must have been granted the visa for the final destination.
- Provide your travel itinerary. What it costs :
- Australian citizens the cost is $65 Aus. (by Money Order)
- New Zealand citizens the cost is $78 US by Bank transfert (or $Aus.110 by Australian money order if you are resident of Australia). In case of visa refusal the costs are not reimbursed. How long It takes:
7 working days, however for some nationalities, it might take more.
Where to apply:
9 Terrigal Cres. O’Malley ACT 2606
Customs declarations Currency declarations forms are issued on arrival and all valuable personal items such as electrical goods, jewellery, cameras, video cameras etc. should be declared, as well as all forms of cash and traveller’s cheques brought with you into the country. They must be kept in good order showing the exchange transactions you make. during your stay. If, when you leave the country, your form is irregular you may be fined heavily or have your valuables confiscated. Click here for Algeria Visa information