Marriage Visa

Marriage Visa

UK | Marriage Visa

1. Overview of Marriage Visa:

You can apply for a Marriage Visitor visa if:You want to get married in the UKYou want to give notice of a marriage in UKYou are not planning to stay or settle in the UK after your marriage.


2. Eligibility for Marriage Visa

You must be 18+ Years of age.You must be free to give notice of marriage, to marry in the UK within 6 months of your arrival.You must in a Genuine Relationship.

You must be visiting the UK for less than 6 Months.

You will leave the Uk after 6 Months.You must be able to Support Yourself without working or help from public funds, or that you can be supported and housed by relatives or friendsYou must be able to meet the Cost of the Return or onward Journey.You must not in transit to a country outside the UK, Ireland, Isle of Man and the Channel Islands 

3. Documents Required for Marriage Visa:

Valid Passport.2 Passport size Colour Photographs.Back Statements of last 6 Months.

Documents about your Future Residence.

You can also supply the following to support your application:Details of the marriage and proof that you have paid money for some of its costsProof that you have given notification of marriage to the register office in England and Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland If you have been married before, you’ll need to show proof that you’re free to marry or enter into a civil partnership again, example :

  • Decree nisi
  • Decree absolute
  • Death certificate of a previous partner

Note: You will need to provide a certified translation of any documents that aren’t in English or Welsh.Read the guide for a full list of documents you can provide.You may need to provide additional documents depending on your circumstances.   

4. Processing Time:

You can apply for a visa up to 3 months before your date of travel to the UK.You should get a decision on your visa within 3 weeks. 

5. Fees for Marriage Visa of UK

It costs £83 to Apply.   

6. Staying Duration on Marriage Visa:

You can use this visa to visit the UK for 6 months.   

7. What you can and can’t do

You can use this visa to marry or enter into a civil partnership in the UK:within 6 months of your arrivalin any location licensed for this purpose You can’t:Get Public FundsBring in family members (‘dependents’) – they must apply separatelyLive in the UK for extended periods through frequent visitsExtend your visa or switch to another visaWork or carry out any businessDo a course of studyCome to the UK specifically for private medical treatment

Next Page