Taiwan Visa Information:
Taiwan has more than 400 museums. The most famous of these is the National Palace Museum, which holds the world’s largest collection of Chinese art treasures. The collection was transported in bulk to Taiwan by the Kuomintang on its retreat from China and is so immense that exhibits must be rotated regularly.
Visa-Exempt Entry Countries eligible for Visa-exempt entry: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Costa Rica, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Iceland, Italy, *Japan, Republic of Korea, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Monaco, the Netherlands , New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, U.K. and U.S.A.
1. a passport with validity of at least six months after entry .
○ visa-exempt entry only applicable to formal passports, not including emergency,temporary or other informal passports.
○ Japanese Citizen is entitled to validity of passport at least three months,under same other requirements) (unless otherwise stipulated by treaty or agreement)
2. a confirmed return air ticket or an air ticket and a visa for the next destination, and a confirmed seat reservation for departure.
3. no criminal record.
Duration of stay: 30 days , The 30 days’ duration of stay starts from the next day of arrival and is not extendable. Visa-exempt entry cannot be converted to visitor or resident visa. Ports of entry: Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport, Kaohsiung International Airport, Keelung Harbor, Hualien Harbor, Taichung Harbor, Kaohsiung Harbor,Taitung Airport and Taichung Airport.. Countries eligible for Landing Visas :
• Nationals of Hungary , Poland and Slovak.
• Holders of emergency or temporary passports with validity more than six months for nationals of those countries eligible for visa-exempt and landing-visa entry.
• Holders of USA passport with validity less than six monthsRequirements:
• a passport valid for at least six months.
• a confirmed return air ticket or an air ticket and a visa for the next destination, and a confirmed seat reservation for departure.
• fill out an application form with two photos.
• visa fee of NT$ 1,600 (citizens of countries with reciprocal agreements shall be issued visas gratis) plus a handling fee of NT$ 800; For U.S. citizens: see remarks 2.
• no criminal record. Duration of stay: 30 days which starts from the next day of arrival and is not extendable.Landing visa cannot be converted to visitor or resident visa. Method of Lodgement:
1. Passengers entering the Republic of China through the Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport may apply for a landing visa at the Visa Office of Consular Affairs Bureau at the Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport.
2. Passengers who enter the Republic of China through the Kaohsiung International Airport shall apply for a “temporary entry permit” at the Kaohsiung Aviation Police Station for temporary permits. These passengers must change the permit to a visa at the Bureau of Consular Affairs or its Kaohsiung Office within three days, or will be subjected to administrative penalty for overstaying.