Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur Visa
Tier 1 | Graduate Entrepreneur Visa-UK
1. Overview of Tier 1 | Graduate Entrepreneur Visa
You can get the Tier 1 | Graduate Entrepreneur Visa on the Following Conditions,
- If you are a graduate who has been officially endorsed as having a genuine and credible business idea
- If you are from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland
- If you meet the other Eligibility Criteria
1.1 Getting Endorsed
- You must be Enrosed by UK Trade and Investment (UKTI) as part of the elite global graduate entrepreneur programme (Sirius)
- Your current UK higher education institution (HEI) if it’s an Authorised endorsing body
1.2 How Long it will take
It Depends on how you have been Endorsed.
1.3 UKTI Endorsement
You should get a decision on your visa within 3 weeks if you’ve been endorsed by UKTI. You can apply for this visa up to 3 months before your date of travel to the UK.
1.4 UK HEI Endorsement
You’ll usually get a decision within 8 weeks if you’ve been endorsed by a UK higher education institution.
2. Eligibility for Tier 1 | Graduate Entrepreneur Visa
The Eligibility Requirements for this visa depend on who is endorsing you.
2.1 Endorsement by a UK higher education institution (HEI)
You need all of the following to be Eligible:
- A UK-recognised bachelor’s degree, master’s degree or PhD awarded before your date of endorsement
- Endorsement from an authorised UK higher education institution issued in the past 3 months
- £945 in savings if applying from inside the UK, or £1,890 if applying from outside the UK for 90 Days
- Permission to remain in the UK from your financial sponsor if they’re a government or an international scholarship agency and have paid your course fees and living costs in the past 12 months
You can’t apply with any of the following:
- Foundation degrees
- Honorary degrees
- Qualifications awarded in the UK by overseas awarding bodies
- Qualifications undertaken at overseas campuses of UK institutions
- Professional and vocational qualifications
- Postgraduate certificates or Diplomas
2.2 Endorsement by UK Trade and Investment (UKTI)
You need all of the following to be Eligible:
- A degree qualification that’s recognised as being equal to a UK bachelor’s degree
- You should meet the criteria set by UKTI
- You need the Endorsement from UKTI issued in the past 3 months
- You must have £945 in savings if applying from inside the UK or £1,890 if applying from outside the UK – this is to prove you can support yourself and you must have had this in your bank account for 90 days before you apply
- You should meet the English language requirement
You don’t have to provide evidence that you have sufficient savings to support yourself if you have an endorsement from UKTI stating you have been awarded funding to cover your maintenance.
3. English Familiarity | Graduate Entrepreneur Visa
The Applicant of Graduate Entrepreneur Visa may need to Prove English Language Familiarity. The Applicant can prove English Language Familiarity either by,
- Passing an Approved English language test with at least CEFR level B1 in Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening.
- By having an academic qualification that was taught in English and is recognized by UK NARIC as being equivalent to a UK bachelor’s Degree.
4. Documents Required | Graduate Entrepreneur Visa
4.1 Endorsed by a UK higher education institution (HEI)
The applicant must Provide,
- A Valid Passport.
- 2 Passport size Colour Photographs.
- Letter of endorsement from your UK HEI.
- Bank statements showing that you have At Least £945 in savings if applying from inside the UK or £1,890 if applying from outside the UK – you must have had this in your bank account for 90 days before you apply.
- Your Tuberculosis test results if you’re from a country where you have to take the test.
The applicant of Tier 1 | Graduate Entrepreneur Visa will need to provide the following if your degree was awarded by a different UK HEI than the one providing your endorsement,
- An Original Certificate of your qualification or an accepted alternative
- Proof that you have Knowledge of the English language
4.2 Endorsed by UK Trade and Investment (UKTI)
The Applicant must Provide,
- A Valid passport
- 2 Passport Size Colour Photographs
- Letter of endorsement from UKTI
- An original certificate of your academic qualification or an alternative from the documents guide
- Previous passports
- A residence permit, ‘green card’ or valid visa if you’re not a national of the country from where you’re applying
- Proof that you meet the English language requirement
- bank statements showing you have at least £945 in savings if applying from inside the UK or £1,890 if applying from outside the UK – you must have had this in your bank account for 90 days before you apply
- Your tuberculosis test results if you’re from a country where you have to take the test
Note: You will need to provide a certified translation of any documents that are not in English or Welsh.
5. Fees for Tier 1 | Graduate Entrepreneur Visa
How much you pay for a Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) visa depends on your situation, where you are and how you apply.
Applying in person in the UK
Applying outside the UK
Citizen of Croatia, Turkey or Macedonia
6. Stay Duration on Tier 1 | Graduate Entrepreneur
- You can stay in the UK for one year on a Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) Visa.
- You can apply to extend this visa for one more year.
7. What you can and can’t do
- Bring Family Members with you
- Extend your stay in the UK using this visa
- Switch into this visa from some other visa categories
- Get public funds
- Work as a doctor or dentist in training
- Work as a professional sportsperson, eg a sports coach
- Settle in the UK on this visa
8. Extension of Tier 1 | Graduate Entrepreneur Visa
You can apply to extend your stay in the UK under the Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) visa.
You should include any dependents who are on your current visa on your application to extend – including children who have turned 18 during your stay.
You should apply before your current visa expires.
8.1 Eligibility for Extension
You must already have this visa and all of the following:
- New endorsement letter from your UK higher education institute or UK Trade and Investment (UKTI) confirming that you’ve made satisfactory progress in developing your business
- at least £945 available
8.2 How long you can stay after Extension
A Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) visa can be extended for one year.
You may be able to switch into a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visa at the end of your 2 years as a Graduate Entrepreneur if your business is successful.
8.3 How to extend your Graduate Entrepreneur Visa
Download and fill in the application form and send it with your documents to the address given on the front of the form.
You should read the guidance on the form in full before you apply.
8.4 Extension Process duration
A decision for Extension of Tier 1 | Entrepreneur Visa can be made with in 8 weeks after Submission of your Application.
You will be contacted if your application is complex and will take longer, example:
- If your documents need to be verified
- If you need to attend an interview
- You have been convicted for crime in UK.
Note: The Applicant can stay in UK Once he has applied for Extension.
9. Switching to Tier 1 | Graduate Entrepreneur Visa
You can apply to switch from another visa to a Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) visa.
9.1 Eligibility for Switching to Tier 1 | Graduate Entrepreneur Visa
You must already be in the UK as a:
- Student nurse
- Student Re-giving an examination
- Student writing up a thesis
- Tier 4 (General) visa holder
- Postgraduate Doctor or Dentist
- Tier 2 (General) migrant working as a post-doctoral researcher
1) You must meet all of the Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) visa’s Eligibility requirements.
2) You can’t switch to this visa if you have already had a visa under one of the following Categories:
- Tier 1 (Post Study Worker)
- Fresh Talent: Working in Scotland Scheme
- International Graduates Scheme
- Science and Engineering Graduate Scheme
10. Family Members on Graduate Entrepreneur Visa
Your family members can come with you when you come to the UK on this visa. Your family members must have a visa if they are from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland.
A dependent is any of the following:
- Your husband, wife or partner
- Your child under 18
10.1 Savings for bringing Family Members
You must show that your dependents can be supported while they’re in the UK.
Each dependent must have a certain amount of money available to them – this is in addition to the £945 you must have to support yourself.
The amount you must have depends on your circumstances.
You must have £1,260 for each dependant if you’re applying from outside the UK or have been in the UK for less than 12 months. If you’ve been in the UK for more than 12 months, you must have £630 for each dependent.
You must have proof you have the money, and that it’s been in your bank account or your dependents bank account for at least 90 days before you or they apply.
Example: You must have £3,465 if you want to bring your partner and 1 child with you to the UK: £945 to support yourself + £1,260 for your partner + £1,260 for your child.
You don’t need to provide evidence of your savings if you have a letter from UK Trade and Investment saying you’ve been given funding to support yourself and your dependants.
10.2 Dependents applying from outside the UK
- Your family members must apply online
- They will need to have their fingerprints and photograph taken at a visa application centre as part of their application.
- They may be able to get their visa faster or other services depending on what country they belong from.
10.3 Dependents Applying in the UK
Your dependents can apply to extend or switch their visas to stay with you if they’re already in the UK. They should apply using the dependent application form.
It’s best to send your dependents’ applications at the same time as yours but they can apply at a later date by post, or in person at a premium service Center.
Members of your family can not apply in the UK as your dependent if they hold a visitor visa.
10.4 Children born while you are in the UK
If you have children while you’re in the UK, you can apply for permission for them to stay.
You must do this if you want to travel in and out of the UK with your child.
Complete the application form and send a full UK birth certificate showing the names of both of your child’s parents.
11. Online Application
For More Information Visit: https://www.gov.uk/tier-1-graduate-entrepreneur-visa/