Tier 1 Investor Visa
Tier 1 - Investor Visa of United Kingdom
1. Overview of Tire 1 | Investor Visa
You can apply for a Tier 1 (Investor) visa if:
- You want to invest £2,000,000 or more in the UK ? You are from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland
You must have access to at least £2,000,000 in investment funds to apply.
1.1 Processing Time for Tire 1 | Investor Visa
- You can apply for a visa up to 3 months before your date of travel to the UK. ? You should get a decision on your visa within 3 weeks.
2. Eligibility for Tire 1 | Investor Visa
You must have at least £2,000,000 investment funds to apply for a Tier 1 (Investor) visa.
- You must be 18 or above
- Prove that you have access to Money
- Your funds must be held in 1 or more regulated financial institutions
- You Funds must be free to spend in the UK
- Your money can be in the UK or overseas when you apply.
2.1 Students with financial sponsorship
You may be able to apply for a Tier 1 (Investor) visa if you’re already in the UK and you are:
- A Tier 4 (General) visa holder
- A student Nurse
- Studying, writing up a thesis or re-sitting an exam
- A postgraduate Doctor or Dentist
- An overseas qualified nurse or midwife
- A student sabbatical officer
You must have unconditional agreement in writing from your financial sponsor to Re-enter or stay in the UK if your course fees and living costs were paid by either:
- An International Scholarship Agency
3. Documents Required for Tier 1 | Investor Visa
- A Valid Passport
- A passport-sized Colour Photograph
- Your tuberculosis test results if you’re from a country where you have to take the test
3.1 Evidence of Investment Funds
You will need to provide evidence showing that you have the required investment funds.
Your own money
If you are using your own money to invest, you must Prove that,
- How much money you have and where it’s being Kept
- The Source of Money from where it is Earned
- The Money can be Transferred to UK and Converted in Pounds.
Your partners money
You will need to provide:
- A certificate of Marriage.
- A statement from your partner confirming that they will allow you to control the funds in the UK
- A letter from a legal adviser stating that the declaration is valid
Note You will need to provide a certified translation of any documents that aren’t in English or Welsh.
4. Fee for Tire 1 | Investor Visa
Extend or switch by post
£874 for each Dependent
£1,093 for each dependant
4.1 Fees for Applying and extending in Person
You can use the super premium service to apply or extend in person.
It costs a one-off fee of £6,000, plus application fees for each person of:
- £1,493 for the Main Applicant’
- £1,493 for each Dependent
You can use this service for up to 4 Main Applicants and a maximum of 10 people per visit. Main Applicants’ are the people with access to the Investment Funds.
5. Stay Duration on Tier 1 | Investor Visa
You can come to the UK with a Tier 1 (Investor) visa for a maximum of 3 years and 4 months.
You can Apply to extend this visa for another 2 years.
6. What you can and can’t do on Investor Visa
- Invest £2,000,000 or more in UK government bonds, share capital or loan capital in active and trading UK registered companies
- Work or Study
- Apply to settle after 2 years if you invest £10 million
- Apply to settle after 3 years if you invest £5 million
- Invest in companies mainly engaged in property investment, property management or property development
- Work as a professional sportsperson or sports coach
- Get public funds
You also can’t work as a doctor or dentist in training unless one of the following applies:
- You have a primary degree at bachelors level or above in medicine or dentistry from a UK institution that holds a Tier 4 sponsor license or is a UK recognized or listed body
- You worked as a doctor or dentist in training the last time you were in the UK
- Neither of those conditions were part of the terms and conditions on a previous visa
7. Extension of Tier 1 | Investor Visa
You may be able to extend your Tier 1 (Investor) visa.
You should include any dependents who are on your current visa on your application to extend – including children who have turned 18 during your stay.
You should apply before your current visa expires.
7.1 You successfully applied for your visa before 6 November 2014
You can apply to extend your visa if you:
- Have at least £1,000,000 under your control in the UK
- Have invested at least £750,000 (or 75%) of that in UK government bonds, share capital or loan capital in active UK companies
- Invested this sum within 3 months of your ‘Investor start date’
7.2 Funds under your control in the UK
This sum should include the £750,000 (or more) Investment and £250,000 (or the balance needed) to bring it up to at least £1,000,000.
These funds can be either,
- Your own money or your partner’s money
- Money that has been loaned to you by a UK regulated financial institution, as long as you have personal assets with a value of £2,000,000 or more
You can’t mix the 2 sources of funds.
7.3 You successfully applied for your visa on or after 6 November 2014
You can apply to extend your visa if you:
- Have at least £2,000,000 under your control in the UK
- Have invested those funds in UK government bonds, share capital or loan capital in active UK companies
- Invested this sum within 3 months of your ‘investor start date’
7.4 Funds under your control in the UK
You must have invested the full amount made up of your own money or your Partners Money.
7.3 Investment made within 3 months of your investor start date
You will need to provide a portfolio report produced by a UK regulated financial institution that shows that:
- You invested at least £750,000 in UK government bonds or UK business within 3 months of your investor start date (if you first got your visa before 6 November 2014)
- You invested all £2 million (if you first got your visa on or after 6 November 2014)
- This level of investment has been maintained for the length of your visa
7.4 Your ‘Investor start date’ is Either:
- The date you came into the UK (if you have proof of this)
- The date your original visa application or switch from a different visa category was approved (If you are Unable to Prove your Entry )
8. Switching to Tire 1 | Investor Visa
You may be able to switch to a Tier 1 (Investor) visa but You should apply before your current visa expires.
You can apply to switch to this visa if you meet the Eligibility Requirements and you are already in the UK under one of the following categories:
- Tier 1 (General)
- Tier 1 (Entrepreneur)
- Tier 1 (Post-study work)
- Any Tier 2 category
- Any Tier 4 category
- Highly Skilled Migrant Programme
- Student (under the rules in place before 31 March 2009)
- Student re-giving an examination
- Student nurse
- Students writing up a thesis
- Work permit holder
- Writer, composer or artist
Note: You must leave the UK and Apply from abroad if you are in another category.
9. Online Application:
- Click Here to Apply for Tier 1 | Investor Visa
For More Information Visit: https://www.gov.uk/tier-1-Investor/