Senior Executive Visa
Senior Executive Visa
Senior Executive Visa:
This visa is designed is for senior executive employees of major overseas businesses, who have significant net assets and a genuine and realistic commitment to participate in the management of a new or existing business. This visa is also the first step towards being granted a permanent Business Skills visa.
Persons who can apply:
Senior executives from overseas who through their experience have gained the skills to successfully manage a business in Australia, are less than 55 years old, and their family.
You must pay a non-refundable visa charge when you lodge your visa application. See: Business Development Visa Charges
What does the visa let me do?
With this visa you can:
• establish a new or existing business in Australia
• travel in and out of Australia any number of times as long as the visa is valid
• have your family accompany you to Australia. They will have access to work and study rights. Your family includes your spouse and any dependants.
Visa validity period:
This visa is valid for four years. If the visa is granted while you are:
• in Australia (Student visa holders only), it is valid from the date of grant
• outside Australia, it is valid from the entry expiry date on your visa label.
These pages provide information about the requirements that must be met to support a visa application.
• Main Applicant
• Family Member
As a Senior Executive (Provisional) visa holder you are expected to provide valuable input to the Australian economy. In that business you must actively participate in the day-to-day management of that business at a senior level, and continue to make genuine efforts to hold a substantial ownership interest at a senior level in the day-to-day management of such a business. In that business you must also do at least one of the following:
• Develop business links with international markets
• Create or maintain employment in Australia
• Export Australian goods
• Produce goods or services that would otherwise be imported
• Introduce new or improved technology
• Add to commercial activity and competitiveness within sectors of the Australian economy
You may be asked to complete a monitoring survey to provide us with information about your business activities in Australia.
• You must not marry before you enter Australia
• You must enter Australia before anyone else included in your visa application Note: This means your family members cannot enter Australia before you.
Change in circumstances
If your circumstances change, you must inform the department (in writing) as soon as possible. See: Form 1022 Notification of Changes in Circumstances (318KB PDF file)
Click here for more information
Please Wait for Next Page Link
You have to wait 30 seconds.
Generating Next Page Link…