Business Visa Australia:
This visa is for people who have a successful business career, and have a genuine and realistic commitment to be involved as an owner in a new or existing business in Australia. This visa is also the first step towards being granted a permanent Business Skills visa.
Who is this visa for?
This visa is for business owners from overseas who intend to own a business in Australia, and are less than 45 years of age.
How much will this visa cost?
You must pay a non-refundable visa charge when you lodge your visa application. See: Business Development Visa Charges
What does this visa let me do?
With this visa you can:
• establish a new or existing business in Australia
• travel in and out of Australia any number of times as long as the visa is valid
• have your family accompany you to Australia. They will have access to work and study rights
• establish a pathway to permanent residence.
This visa is a temporary visa, and the first step towards being granted a permanent Business Skills visa. You must be outside Australia when this visa is granted, unless you held a student visa at the time you applied. You may be eligible for a permanent Business Skills visa after holding this visa for a minimum of two (2) years. To be eligible for a permanent Business Skills visa you must meet all the obligations of this visa and additional requirements of the permanent Business Skills visa you apply for. Meeting these requirements may take you longer than two (2) years. After two (2) years you may be eligible to apply for one of the following visas:
• Business Owner (residence) or
• State/Territory Sponsored Business Owner (residence)
Visa validity period
This visa is valid for four years. If the visa is granted while you are:
• in Australia (Student visa holders only), it is valid from the date of grant
• outside Australia, it is valid from the entry expiry date on your visa label.
The following people may be included in your application:
• your spouse
• your or your spouse’s dependent children
• other dependent relatives living with you.
With this visa you are unable to access Medicare, the Australian Government medical expenses and hospital care scheme. See: www.medicare.gov.au Private Health Insurance is available to you, but it is not a requirement for the grant of this visa. See: www.health.gov.au www.phiac.gov.au
With this visa you are unable to access family assistance. See: www.familyassist.gov.au
With this visa you are unable to access social security payments. See: www.centrelink.gov.au
Business Owner (provisional) visa definitions
Definitions are available to help you understand the information on these pages. See: Definitions