EEA Residence Permit

EEA Residence Permit

UK | EEA Residence Permit

What is an EEA family Permit?

A European Economic Area Family Permit (short: EEA family permit) is an immigration document that assists the holder to enter the United Kingdom as a family member of a citizen of a contracting state to the European Economic Area agreement or a Swiss citizen. They are issued by the UK immigration authorities under the Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2006 (UK).

Which Countries are under EAA?

The following countries are members of the European Economic Area (EEA). 

Austria Greece Netherlands
Belgium Hungary (see note 2 below) Norway
Bulgaria (see note 1 below) Iceland Poland (see note 2 below)
Cyprus Ireland Portugal
Czech Republic (see note 2 below) Italy Romania (see note 1below)
Denmark Latvia (see note 2 below) Slovakia (see note 2 below)
Estonia (see note 2 below) Liechtenstein Slovenia (see note 2 below)
Finland Lithuania (see note 2 below) Spain
France Luxembourg Sweden
Germany Malta United Kingdom

 Note 1 :From 1 January 2007 Bulgarian and Romanian nationals looking for work in the UK will need permission to work before starting any job. Information about living and working in the UK is available from the Working in the UK website.

Note 2: Nationals of these countries who come to the UK to work need to register under the Worker Registration Scheme

Eligibility Criteria

In order to be eligible for this type of UK visa service, you will need to be a national of one of the countries listed above. You will also need to prove that you can support yourself and your dependants in the United Kingdom without recourse to public funds. You can live in uk as a student without the need for a study visa, or as a retired person, so long as you meet these criteria. If you intend to immigrate to the UK to set up a business, you will need to submit a business plan detailing your investment, the nature of the business and your projected earnings as well as your qualifications and experience. 

Click here for more information