Entry Clearance Visa Guide

Entry Clearance Visa Guide

Entry Clearance Visa Guide

Definition: Entry Clearance is a catch all term under UK Immigration legislation that refers to both visas and entry certificates issued to persons seeking to enter the UK. Once a work permit has been authorized it is the responsibility of the work permit holder (not the employer’s responsibility, to apply for the correct leave in order to validate the work permit. This would be in the form of either a Leave to Remain application (if eligible to switch in the United Kingdom) to the United Kingdom Home Office, or an application for entry clearance (if overseas) to the nearest British High Commission/Embassy in the country of the worker’s legal residence.

When Should i need to Apply?

If you are currently outside the United Kingdom, you may need to apply for entry clearance before you travel. The entry clearance process for the United Kingdom is run by UK visas through the British diplomatic posts around the world. 

The need to apply for entry clearance will depend on your current nationality and the scheme under which you wish to come to the United Kingdom. UKvisas have a visa inquiry form on their website which can be used to determine whether you need entry clearance as well as providing details of the nearest British post where you can make your application.

 Before you make your entry clearance inquiry, you will need to know which scheme you are interested in applying for. Details of the various schemes offered under the United Kingdom Immigration Rules can be found on this website. 

What should i need to do when i arrive:

Once you arrive in the United Kingdom, you may have to register your stay with the police. If you need to register, this requirement will be stamped in your passport. You must register within seven days of arriving in the United Kingdom. To register, you will need your passport and two passport-size photographs of yourself.

Please Select the type of your Entry Clearance:

·     Appeals·      Common travel area·      Crew members·      Entry clearance basics·      Entry for non points-based system employment·      European nationals and schemes·      Exempt·      Family members·      Maintenance and aAccommodation·      Marriage Convenience·      Medical issues·      Refusals·      Right of abode·      Settlement·      Study·      Turkish ECAA businesspersons applications·      Visit and Transit·      Work Permit holder dependents  If you are staying in the Metropolitan Police Area, you should take these to:The Overseas Visitors Record Office Brandon House 180 Borough High Street London SE1 1LHThe office is open between 9:00 am and 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday. You can get more information from the Overseas Visitors Records Office on 020 7230 1208.  If you are not staying in the Metropolitan Area, you should contact your local police service for the address and opening hours of other police registration offices. You will have to pay a fee for registering with the police.Click Here For More Information About Entry Clearance