Tier 4 General Student Visa

Tier 4 | General Student Visa

1. Overview of Tier 4 | Student Visa

You can apply for a Tier 4 (General) student visa to study in the UK if,

  • Your age is 16 and above
  • You have been offered a place on a Course
  • You can speak, read, write and understand English
  • You have enough money to support yourself and and pay for your course
  • You are from a country that’s not in the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland

1.2 Processing Time for Tier 2 | Student Visa

  • You can apply for a visa up to 3 Months before the start of your course.
  • You should get a decision on your visa within 3 weeks.

1.3 FeesIt costs £310 to apply for this visa from outside the UK.You must pay £310 per person for any dependents.   

2. Eligibility for Tier 4 | Student Visa

You must have:

  • An unconditional offer of a place on a course with a qualified education provider
  • Enough money to support yourself and pay for your course

2.2 Your CourseYou can do a course that’s one of the following: 

  • Full-time leading to a qualification that’s at least level 6 on the revised National Qualifications Framework (NQF)
  • An overseas course of degree level study that’s equal to a UK higher education course and is being run by an overseas higher education institution
  • A full-time course with at least 15 hours per week of organised daytime study leading to a qualification below degree level but at least NQF level 3
  • A recognized foundation programme as a postgraduate doctor or dentist

2.2 Postgraduate Doctors and dentistsYou can apply for this visa if you are sponsored to do a recognized foundation program and you have:

  • Completed a recognized UK degree in medicine or dentistry
  • Received that degree from a registered Tier 4 sponsor
  • Spent your final year and at least 1 other year of studies leading to that degree in the UK

2.3 Confirmation of Approval of StudiesYour education provider will send you a reference number called a confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS) once they’ve offered you a place on a course. You’ll need to enter this on your visa application.You must apply for your visa no more than 6 months after you receive the CAS2.4 Further Study in the UKYou can only get a CAS for a new course if you have studied in the UK before and you’re:

  • Studying for a new qualification at a higher academic level
  • Studying for a new qualification that’s at the same level of study but relates to and adds to your previous qualification
  • Appearing in Previous exams or repeating modules
  • Applying for the first time to a new institution to complete a course you started somewhere else

3. Familiarity of English Language:

You may need to prove your knowledge of the English language when you apply.

  • You can do this by passing an English language test – it must be on the list of approved tests and providers.
  • Your language test must be at least level B1 on the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR).

4. Documents Required for Tier 4 | Student Visa

When you apply for the visa you must provide:

  • Valid Passport
  • 2 passport sized-colour photographs with your name written on the reverse side
  • Proof that you can support yourself and pay for your course
  • Proof of parental or other legal guardian consent if you are under 18
  • Your tuberculosis test results if you are from a country where you have to take the test.

Note: Your documents will usually be sent back within 14 days. 

5. Staying Time on Tier 4 | Student Visa

You can arrive in the UK before your course starts:

  • Up to 1 week before, if your course lasts 6 months or less
  • Up to 1 month before, if your course lasts more than 6 months

Note: How long you can stay depends on the kind of course you are doing and what study you have already completed. 

6. What you can and can’t do

You can:

  • Study
  • Work as a student union sabbatical officer
  • Apply from inside or outside the UK
  • Apply to extend your stay
  • Work – depending on what level your course is and what kind of sponsor you have

You can’t:

  • Get Public Funds
  • Work as a professional sportsperson, including a sports coach
  • Bring Family Members   

7. Extension of Tier 4 | Student Visa

  • You should include any dependents who are on your current visa on your application to extend – including children who have turned 18 during your stay.
  • You should apply before your current visa expires.
  • You may be able to apply to extend your stay to continue your course.

Fees for Extension:It costs £422 to extend your visa.You must pay £422 for each dependent. 

8. Apply Now for Tire 4 | Student Visa

? Click Here to Apply Now for Tire