Youth Mobility Scheme

Youth Mobility Scheme

Tier 5 – Youth Mobility Scheme Visa

1. Overview

You can apply for a Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme) visa,
• If You want to live and work in the UK for up to 2 Years.
• If Your Age is between 18 to 30.
• If You have £1,890 in Savings.
• If You have have Certain types of British nationality
• If You meet the other eligibility Requirements

Fees: It costs £208 to apply.


2. Eligibility:

Citizens of the following Countries can apply for Tier 5 – Youth Mobility Scheme Visa
• Australia
• Canada
• Japan
• Monaco
• New Zealand
• Hong Kong
• Republic of Korea
• Taiwan
You can also apply if you’re 18 to 30 and a:
British overseas citizen ? British overseas territories citizen ? British national (overseas)
You can’t apply if you have:

Children who live with you ? Children you’re financially responsible for ? Already been in the UK under the scheme or in the former ‘working holidaymaker’ category.

You must have £1,890 in savings.

3. Documents Required

When you apply you’ll need to provide:
1. A Valid Passport
2. A Passport size colour Photograph
3. A bank statement showing you have at least £1,890 in savings
4. your tuberculosis (TB) test results if you’re from a country where you have to take the test
You must have a blank page in your passport – this is where the visa will go.
You’ll need to provide a certified translation of any documents that aren’t in English or Welsh.
Read the guide for a full list of documents you can provide.

You may need to provide additional documents depending on your circumstances.

4. How long you can stay?
You will be given a visa to live and work in the UK for up to 24 months.
You can enter the UK at any time while your visa is valid, and leave and come back at any time during your stay.
If you turn 31 while you’re in the UK, you can stay for as long as your visa is valid.

5. What you can and can’t do

You can:
Work in most jobs
be self-employed and set up a company – as long as your premises are rented, your equipment isn’t worth more than £5,000 and you don’t have any employees
You can’t:
Work as a professional sportsperson (eg as a coach), doctor or dentist in training – unless you can show you qualified in the UK
Extend your stay
Get public funds
Bring in family members on your application – they must apply separately