Liberia Visa Information:
|Each tertiary institution sets its own standards. Degree-granting institutions are Chartered by the National Legislature. Each has a separate Board of Trustees or directors appointed under the terms of its charter. Institutions of Higher Education are under the authority of the Ministry of Education, the National Commission on Higher Education and the Board of Trustees.
Requirements For Visa
a. Valid Passport. b. Two (2) passport size photographs.(FULL Face view on a White background) c. Medical Certificate from a recognized physician indicating that the applicant in good health and free from all communicable diseases. d. Application for visa to be completed in duplicate. e. Evidence of financial support. f. Letter requesting for visa indicating place of accommodation in Liberia. g. Self addressed prepaid envelope (overnight) for return of passport
h. Visa will only be issued Two Weeks to the Expected Travel Time.
ALL PAYMENTS MUST BE MADE IN: MONEY ORDER or CASHIER’S CHECK
REQUIREMENTS FOR NEW LIBERIAN PASSPORT
a. Copy of Your Birth Certificate/Copy of Old Passports
b. Three (3) Passport Size Photos
c. Completed Application Form (See Download below}
d. A fee of Two Hundred Fifty Dollars ($250)
Please Note That The Waiting Period For The Passport is Thirty (30) – Ninety (90) Days
REQUIREMENTS FOR AFFIDAVIT OF BIRTH
1. A Birth Affidavit is issued to Liberian Citizens who have lost or misplaced their original Birth Certificate.
2. Applicants must show evidence of Liberian citizenship such as: a. Photocopy of missing Birth Certificate; or b. Original Liberian Nationalization Certificate
3. If the above request is not obtainable, then the following must be submitted:a. notarized letter addressed to the Consular Section, stating how the originalBirth Certificate got missing.b. Three (3) notarized letters from other Liberian Citizens testifying to theCitizenship of the applicant and photocopies of the first five pages of theapplicant’s Liberian Passport.Letters should be addressed to the ConsularSection.
4.Two (2) passport size photographs (Full Face View on a white background).
5. Seventy-Five ($75.00) Money Order or Cashier Check made payable to the Embassy of Liberia.
6. A completed application form.
7. Prepaid self-addressed Express Mail/FedEx envelope to return your document.
8. Interview by the Consular Section.
Please call the Embassy of Liberia at (202) 723-0437 for any further information